The Instructional Technology Council would like to give you the opportunity to recognize your staff for their tremendous hard work, excellent service to your students, and quality eLearning courses. The deadline to nominate a colleague or distance learning program to receive special recognition for excellence from ITC is Monday, October 16, 2017.
ITC award winners will receive a complimentary registration to attend eLearning 2018 in Tucson, AZ, February 12-14, 2018, courtesy of ITC. A special recognition luncheon on Tuesday, February 13, 2018, will honor the award winners, who will also be featured in the eLearning program and on the ITC website.
Nominees can include college administrators, faculty members, or individuals from other agencies that have supported eLearning initiatives at a community college or other higher education organization. Nominees and award recipients must be members of ITC.
NOMINATION FORM - ITC will recognize achievement in the following categories:
- Outstanding eCourse - Institutions are invited to nominate one eCourse to receive this award. An eCourse is defined as one where fifty percent or more of the instruction and activities take place at a distance. Only courses developed in-house at a post-secondary institution will be considered. The course must be designed with a high level of interactivity, multimedia, communication, and variety of instructional and course management strategies. These strategies must be replicable and assist an instructor to facilitate more effectively; continuously evaluate student performance and course quality; and provide an outstanding educational experience for the students. Information about the course will be gathered from the application and access to the course for verification and review will be used for the evaluation.
- Innovative eLearning Technology - Institutions of higher education may nominate an organizational unit or person that has demonstrated the outstanding use of a new technology tool or delivery system to accomplish a new method of student delivery or learning. The students may be located on or off campus, and may be taking a face-to-face, blended learning, or fully distance course. The application must include how the efforts of the organizational unit or individual are new, innovative, unique and replicable.
- Outstanding eLearning Support for Faculty or Students - Institutions of higher education may nominate an organizational unit that has built a solid reputation for outstanding support and service for their faculty or students. Nominations should only include one organizational unit focused on either student or faculty support. The application must include how this unit’s efforts are replicable and innovative.
- Outstanding eLearning Faculty—Faculty are nominated by their institution’s president/CEO or senior administration representative, with a limit of one nominee per institution. ITC will only choose one or two nominees to receive an ITC Award for Excellence in eLearning for Outstanding Faculty, but we will recognize every faculty member who is nominated to receive an award as a distinguished educator, chosen by his or her institution as an exemplary member of his or her community. ITC will present each distinguished educator with a framed certificate at the Recognition Luncheon at eLearning 2018 on Tuesday, Feb. 13, 2018, and list them in the eLearning 2018 conference program and on the ITC website. Unfortunately, ITC is not able to provide complimentary conference registrations for every distinguished educator. We hope the nominating institutions can provide the financial support so the distinguished educators can participate in eLearning 2018.
- Lifetime Achievement Award—The nominees for this special awards category must have been employed for a significant portion of his or her career at a community college, and have advocated for, and advanced, distance education in the national community college arena. Nominees must provide examples of how he or she has been involved with distance education—internally within an institution and externally—through activities, such as involvement on boards of directors, committees, and/or community advocacy groups that work to advance distance education.
We look forward to the opportunity to highlight your institution’s award-winning innovations, recognize your representatives, and celebrate your institution's wonderful accomplishments in providing leadership and innovation in eLearning!
Please contact ITC at 800-715-1451 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!